Hundreds of Graves Desecrated at French Jewish Cemetery, Interior Minister Condemns as ‘Heinous Act’
Error: Contact form not found.
by Algemeiner Staff
Hundreds of graves were desecrated at the French Jewish cemetery at Sarre-Union, a commune in the Bas-Rhin region in Alsace in north-eastern France, French Jewish news site JSS News reported on Sunday.
In a letter published by the site, France’s Minister of Interior Bernard Cazeneuve condemned the attack “in the strongest terms” and described it as a “heinous act.”
“The Republic will not tolerate this new abuse that harms the values “‹”‹that all the French have in common,” Cazeneuve said, without providing further details on the “desecration.”
The Jewish cemetery at Sarre-Union has been the site of two previous attacks. In 1988, sixty Jewish headstones were overturned, and in 2001, 54 graves were vandalized.
The attack is the latest of many in recent months as violence against Jews continues to escalate in the country and on the continent. The violence reached a bloody crescendo last month when four Jews were gunned down by an Islamist terrorist at the Hyper Cacher supermarket in Paris.
Widespread reports indicate that many Jews are planning to leave the country for Israel or elsewhere.
Pod Save America Hosts Call on Democrats to Cut All Israel Military Aid, No Longer Accept AIPAC Funding
Jews, Israelis Targeted in Austria Amid Surge in Antisemitic Incidents; Local Jewish Community Calls for Action
‘All of Our Strength’: Over 1,000 Pro-Israel Activists Gather in DC for Solidarity Conference
‘Devastated’: Wesley LePatner, Killed in Manhattan Mass Shooting, Was a Jewish Communal, Philanthropic Leader
Sen. Angus King Vows to No Longer Vote for Israel Military Aid Until Gaza Conditions Improve
Europe Won’t Pressure Israel to ‘Commit Suicide’ Amid Gaza Backlash, Palestinian State Push, Says Israeli FM
Israel’s National Soccer Coach Attacked in Athens Before Soccer Fans Chant ‘F–K Israel, Free Palestine’ at Match
New York Judge Sentences Neo-Nazi to 5 Years for Livestreaming Bomb Threats Against Jewish Hospitals
US Pressures Lebanon to Issue Cabinet Decision to Disarm Hezbollah Before Talks Continue
UK Plans to Recognize Palestinian State in September Unless Israel Meets Conditions, Starmer Says










