Israeli Court Extends Remand of Teen Behind US Bomb Threats
Error: Contact form not found.
by JNS.org

The scene outside a JCC in New York City’s Staten Island borough following a recent bomb threat. Photo: YouTube.
JNS.org – Israel’s Rishon Lezion Magistrates’ Court extended the remand of an Ashkelon teen accused of making more than 100 bomb threats against Jewish institutions in the US during the last two months.
Police said Thursday they were keeping the suspect, 19, who also holds American citizenship, in custody for another week and placing his father under house arrest. Both of them remain under a gag order.
The suspect was arrested last week following a trans-Atlantic investigation with the FBI and other international law enforcement agencies. American Jewish groups welcomed the breakthrough on the wave of JCC bomb threats, which had sparked concerns over rising antisemitism in the US.
Advanced Staff Sgt. Maj. Limor Tzanani, Staff Sgt. Maj. Lior Rotenberg and Chief Insp. Hofit Pima of the Israel Police were at the proceeding and confronted the teen’s defense attorney, Galit Bash, over her claim that her client has an inoperable brain tumor affecting his behavior. Bash had argued the purported tumor made her client ineligible to attend school or serve in the Israeli military.
“All the medical documents we have seen thus far indicate that there is no base to her claim [of a brain tumor] — just a benign growth,” the police officials argued.
Pod Save America Hosts Call on Democrats to Cut All Israel Military Aid, No Longer Accept AIPAC Funding
Jews, Israelis Targeted in Austria Amid Surge in Antisemitic Incidents; Local Jewish Community Calls for Action
‘All of Our Strength’: Over 1,000 Pro-Israel Activists Gather in DC for Solidarity Conference
‘Devastated’: Wesley LePatner, Killed in Manhattan Mass Shooting, Was a Jewish Communal, Philanthropic Leader
Sen. Angus King Vows to No Longer Vote for Israel Military Aid Until Gaza Conditions Improve
Europe Won’t Pressure Israel to ‘Commit Suicide’ Amid Gaza Backlash, Palestinian State Push, Says Israeli FM
Israel’s National Soccer Coach Attacked in Athens Before Soccer Fans Chant ‘F–K Israel, Free Palestine’ at Match
New York Judge Sentences Neo-Nazi to 5 Years for Livestreaming Bomb Threats Against Jewish Hospitals
US Pressures Lebanon to Issue Cabinet Decision to Disarm Hezbollah Before Talks Continue
UK Plans to Recognize Palestinian State in September Unless Israel Meets Conditions, Starmer Says









