Report: Another Deal for Remains of Fallen Soldiers in the Works
Error: Contact form not found.
by Israel Hayom / JNS.org

UN peacekeepers transfer two Syrian prisoners from Israel back to Syria at the Quneitra Border crossing in the Golan Heights, on April 28, 2019. Photo: Basel Awidat/Flash90.
JNS.org – Officials in Damascus have informed residents of the Syrian Golan Heights that another prisoner exchange deal is in the works, in which Druze residents of the Israeli Golan heights and Syrian prisoners in Israel are to be returned to Syria in exchange for the remains of fallen Israeli soldiers who are currently listed as “burial place unknown,” the London-based pan-Arabic daily Asharq Al-Awsat reported Tuesday.
The report did not include any details about the identities of the soldiers whose remains might be returned to Israel, or when the deal is supposed to take place.
The paper also reported that the families of the two Syrians released by Israel this week in exchange for the body of Israeli soldier Zachary Baumel, which was returned to Israel in early April, had been surprised at their release.
On Monday, the Arabic-language edition of Britain’s Independent newspaper reported that Syria has asked Israel to release foreigners who were caught and imprisoned in Israel on charges of spying for Iran and Hezbollah. According to the report, which quoted a Western official, Israel refused.
Pod Save America Hosts Call on Democrats to Cut All Israel Military Aid, No Longer Accept AIPAC Funding
Jews, Israelis Targeted in Austria Amid Surge in Antisemitic Incidents; Local Jewish Community Calls for Action
‘All of Our Strength’: Over 1,000 Pro-Israel Activists Gather in DC for Solidarity Conference
‘Devastated’: Wesley LePatner, Killed in Manhattan Mass Shooting, Was a Jewish Communal, Philanthropic Leader
Sen. Angus King Vows to No Longer Vote for Israel Military Aid Until Gaza Conditions Improve
Europe Won’t Pressure Israel to ‘Commit Suicide’ Amid Gaza Backlash, Palestinian State Push, Says Israeli FM
Israel’s National Soccer Coach Attacked in Athens Before Soccer Fans Chant ‘F–K Israel, Free Palestine’ at Match
New York Judge Sentences Neo-Nazi to 5 Years for Livestreaming Bomb Threats Against Jewish Hospitals
US Pressures Lebanon to Issue Cabinet Decision to Disarm Hezbollah Before Talks Continue
UK Plans to Recognize Palestinian State in September Unless Israel Meets Conditions, Starmer Says









