Hezbollah Releases New Footage of 2006 Abduction of IDF Soldiers That Sparked Second Lebanon War
Error: Contact form not found.
by Algemeiner Staff

Footage of the 2006 Hezbollah attack on IDF soldiers. Photo: Screenshot / Al Manar TV
A Hezbollah-owned television channel released new footage of the militant group’s 2006 abduction of two IDF soldiers, 15 years to the day after the attack that sparked Israel’s Second Lebanon War.
On July 12, 2006, Hezbollah ambushed an Israeli military patrol in a cross-border raid, capturing IDF soldiers Eldad Regev and Ehud Goldwasser.
On Monday, the anniversary of the attack, the Hezbollah-operated Al-Manar TV released extended, previously unseen footage, showing terror operatives approaching an IDF vehicle and removing Regev and Goldwasser.
Israel’s Kan news broadcaster shared a clip of the footage.
המלחמה הפסיכולוגית של חיזבאללה: 15 שנה אחרי – פורסם סרטון חדש מחטיפת רגב וגולדווסר@HaimOmri pic.twitter.com/0lZWVdSJ0k
— כאן חדשות (@kann_news) July 12, 2021
The bodies of the two soldiers, who succumbed to injuries sustained in the attack, were recovered by Israel in a 2008 prisoner swap with Hezbollah.
Pod Save America Hosts Call on Democrats to Cut All Israel Military Aid, No Longer Accept AIPAC Funding
Jews, Israelis Targeted in Austria Amid Surge in Antisemitic Incidents; Local Jewish Community Calls for Action
‘All of Our Strength’: Over 1,000 Pro-Israel Activists Gather in DC for Solidarity Conference
‘Devastated’: Wesley LePatner, Killed in Manhattan Mass Shooting, Was a Jewish Communal, Philanthropic Leader
Sen. Angus King Vows to No Longer Vote for Israel Military Aid Until Gaza Conditions Improve
Europe Won’t Pressure Israel to ‘Commit Suicide’ Amid Gaza Backlash, Palestinian State Push, Says Israeli FM
Israel’s National Soccer Coach Attacked in Athens Before Soccer Fans Chant ‘F–K Israel, Free Palestine’ at Match
New York Judge Sentences Neo-Nazi to 5 Years for Livestreaming Bomb Threats Against Jewish Hospitals
US Pressures Lebanon to Issue Cabinet Decision to Disarm Hezbollah Before Talks Continue
UK Plans to Recognize Palestinian State in September Unless Israel Meets Conditions, Starmer Says









