U.S. and Canada Call for Removal of Richard Falk after He Blames Boston Marathon Bombings on U.S. and Israel
Error: Contact form not found.
by Zach Pontz

Richard Falk (pictured), a special rapporteur for the UN Human Rights Council, blamed the Boston Marathon explosions on the U.S. and Israel. Photo: UN Watch.
Officials from both the United States and Canada have called for the dismissal of Richard Falk, the UN special rapporteur on human rights in the Palestinian territories, who earlier attempted to blame the Boston Marathon bombings on the U.S. and Israel.
Falk wrote in Foreign Policy Journal:
“The American global domination project is bound to generate all kinds of resistance in the postcolonial world. In some respects, the United States has been fortunate not to experience worse blowbacks, and these may yet happen.”
He added: “[…]As long as Tel Aviv has the compliant ear of the American political establishment, those who wish for peace and justice in the world should not rest easy.”
He also criticized U.S. President Barack for “succumbing to the Beltway ethos of Israel First.”
“Outraged by Richard Falk’s highly offensive Boston comments. Someone who spews such vitriol has no place at the UN. Past time for him to go,” U.S. Ambassador to the UN Susan Rice wrote on Twitter.
“The United States has previously called for Mr. Falk’s resignation for his numerous outrageous statements, and these comments underscore once more the absurdity of his service as a U.N. special rapporteur,” Erin Pelton, spokeswoman for U.S. mission to the United Nations, said in a statement.
Canada’s Foreign Affairs Minister, John Baird, condemned Falk’s comments and called on the United Nations Human Rights Council to “immediately” remove Falk from his position.
“Once again, United Nations official Richard Falk has spewed more mean-spirited, anti-Semitic rhetoric, this time blaming the attacks in Boston on President Obama and the State of Israel,” Baird said in a statement.
“The United Nations should be ashamed to even be associated with such an individual.”
UN spokesman Martin Nesirky said Wednesday that Secretary General Ban Ki-moon rejects Falk’s comments, which could undermine the UN’s credibility and work.
“The secretary general immediately condemned the Boston Marathon bombing and he strongly believes that nothing can justify such an attack,” Nesirky said.
The British mission to the UN also expressed its concern and noted that this is “the third time we have had cause to express our concerns about Mr. Falk’s anti-Semitic remarks. It is important to the U.K. that special rapporteurs uphold the highest standards in their work and we have twice previously made clear that remarks by Mr. Falk were unacceptable.”
Pod Save America Hosts Call on Democrats to Cut All Israel Military Aid, No Longer Accept AIPAC Funding
Jews, Israelis Targeted in Austria Amid Surge in Antisemitic Incidents; Local Jewish Community Calls for Action
‘All of Our Strength’: Over 1,000 Pro-Israel Activists Gather in DC for Solidarity Conference
‘Devastated’: Wesley LePatner, Killed in Manhattan Mass Shooting, Was a Jewish Communal, Philanthropic Leader
Sen. Angus King Vows to No Longer Vote for Israel Military Aid Until Gaza Conditions Improve
Europe Won’t Pressure Israel to ‘Commit Suicide’ Amid Gaza Backlash, Palestinian State Push, Says Israeli FM
Israel’s National Soccer Coach Attacked in Athens Before Soccer Fans Chant ‘F–K Israel, Free Palestine’ at Match
New York Judge Sentences Neo-Nazi to 5 Years for Livestreaming Bomb Threats Against Jewish Hospitals
US Pressures Lebanon to Issue Cabinet Decision to Disarm Hezbollah Before Talks Continue
UK Plans to Recognize Palestinian State in September Unless Israel Meets Conditions, Starmer Says









