Israeli Residents Near Gaza Strip Sent to Bomb Shelters at 3AM
Error: Contact form not found.
by JNS.org

An Israeli home struck by a rocket fired from the Gaza Strip on the Israeli town of Yehud, on July 22, 2014, during Operation Protective Edge. Photo: Yonatan Sindel/Flash90.
JNS.org – Israeli residents quickly scrambled to bomb shelters before dawn on Sunday morning, when “Red Alert” sirens meant to warn of incoming missiles rang out in Israeli cities near the Gaza Strip. Residents were later informed that the sirens were a false alarm.
The sirens went off in the large coastal city of Ashkelon, as well as the smaller city of Sderot, the Eshkol Regional Council, Sha’ar Hanegev Regional Council, and Sdot Hanegev Regional Council at approximately 3:00 a.m.
On Saturday, a rocket fired from Gaza directly struck a home in the Israeli town of Sha’ar HaNegev. The missile failed to detonate, and none of the family members inside the home were injured.
Following the alarms, the Israel Defense Forces issued a statement confirming that no additional missiles had been fired into Israel.
On Saturday, a bomb attached to a flag detonated as Israeli soldiers were removing the flag from the Gaza border fence, injuring four soldiers, two seriously. In response to the missile and the explosion, Israel struck 18 targets in Gaza.
Pod Save America Hosts Call on Democrats to Cut All Israel Military Aid, No Longer Accept AIPAC Funding
Jews, Israelis Targeted in Austria Amid Surge in Antisemitic Incidents; Local Jewish Community Calls for Action
‘All of Our Strength’: Over 1,000 Pro-Israel Activists Gather in DC for Solidarity Conference
‘Devastated’: Wesley LePatner, Killed in Manhattan Mass Shooting, Was a Jewish Communal, Philanthropic Leader
Sen. Angus King Vows to No Longer Vote for Israel Military Aid Until Gaza Conditions Improve
Europe Won’t Pressure Israel to ‘Commit Suicide’ Amid Gaza Backlash, Palestinian State Push, Says Israeli FM
Israel’s National Soccer Coach Attacked in Athens Before Soccer Fans Chant ‘F–K Israel, Free Palestine’ at Match
New York Judge Sentences Neo-Nazi to 5 Years for Livestreaming Bomb Threats Against Jewish Hospitals
US Pressures Lebanon to Issue Cabinet Decision to Disarm Hezbollah Before Talks Continue
UK Plans to Recognize Palestinian State in September Unless Israel Meets Conditions, Starmer Says









