Telegraph Reporter Reveals Lengths Israel Goes to in Effort to Avoid Harming Palestinian Civilians in Gaza Airstrikes
Error: Contact form not found.
by Algemeiner Staff

A Palestinian looks at the remains of a building that was destroyed by Israeli air strikes, in Gaza City, Nov. 13, 2018. Photo: Reuters / Suhaib Salem.
A tweet published by The Daily Telegraph’s Middle East correspondent on Thursday revealed the lengths the Israeli military went to in order to not harm Palestinian civilians during the surge of violence in the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip earlier this week.
“We got a sense of how careful Israel was to avoid civilian casualties during the airstrikes in #Gaza,” Raf Sanchez wrote. “The Israeli army called one guy we met and spent 45 mins on the phone with him, getting him to evacuate his neighbours, before they blew up a Hamas media building next to his.”
We got a sense of how careful Israel was to avoid civilian casualties during the airstrikes in #Gaza. The Israeli army called one guy we met and spent 45 mins on the phone with him, getting him to evacuate his neighbours, before they blew up a Hamas media building next to his.
— Raf Sanchez (@rafsanchez) November 15, 2018
On Monday and Tuesday, Hamas and other terror groups launched more than 400 rockets from Gaza into southern Israel, and the IDF responded with strikes on dozens of terror sites in the coastal enclave.
Early Tuesday evening, an Egyptian-mediated ceasefire went into effect, and has held since.
Pod Save America Hosts Call on Democrats to Cut All Israel Military Aid, No Longer Accept AIPAC Funding
Jews, Israelis Targeted in Austria Amid Surge in Antisemitic Incidents; Local Jewish Community Calls for Action
‘All of Our Strength’: Over 1,000 Pro-Israel Activists Gather in DC for Solidarity Conference
‘Devastated’: Wesley LePatner, Killed in Manhattan Mass Shooting, Was a Jewish Communal, Philanthropic Leader
Sen. Angus King Vows to No Longer Vote for Israel Military Aid Until Gaza Conditions Improve
Europe Won’t Pressure Israel to ‘Commit Suicide’ Amid Gaza Backlash, Palestinian State Push, Says Israeli FM
Israel’s National Soccer Coach Attacked in Athens Before Soccer Fans Chant ‘F–K Israel, Free Palestine’ at Match
New York Judge Sentences Neo-Nazi to 5 Years for Livestreaming Bomb Threats Against Jewish Hospitals
US Pressures Lebanon to Issue Cabinet Decision to Disarm Hezbollah Before Talks Continue
UK Plans to Recognize Palestinian State in September Unless Israel Meets Conditions, Starmer Says









